Hardware used by network operators, handset and card manufacturers to debug, develop and test according to the latest standards. It enables you to simulate a card or mobile phone, or to spy the communication between the two based on ISO7816. Non-intrusive Spying - offers a real window on the interface between handset and card.
The UL SmartStation3 is a piece of hardware central to many of our mobile test tools used by network operators, handset and card manufacturers to debug, develop and test according to the latest standards. It enables you to simulate a card or mobile phone, or to spy the communication between the two.
UL SmartStation3 acts as the communication interface between the handset and SIM or USIM card. It does so without interfering with or interrupting the communication. The UL SmartStation3 offers a means to investigate the communications between card and handset for spying, debugging and testing real or simulated cards or handsets.
The UL SmartStation3 is compact, efficient, fast and flexible. It is highly portable and can be instantly integrated into any test environment.
- Full support for key technologies (3G, GSM, CDMA2000)
- Non-intrusive Spying - offers a real window on the interface between handset and card
- Accelerate development and testing of handsets and cards (including protocol manipulation)
Systems Under Test
The UL SmartStation3 combined with e.g. UL Mobile Spy, UL Mobile Card Test Platform or UL Mobile Handset Test Platform creates a testing or diagnostic environment which benefits from our experience in the smart card and testing businesses. The main applications that the tools are used for are:
- Diagnostics - view, search and filter live or saved test sessions to understand errors on the application, protocol or electrical communications.
- Handset testing - simulate a card to create repeatable, reliable tests for taking a connected handset through its paces and thoroughly test its behaviour. Use UL Mobile’s test suites to verify that the handsets conform to specifications.
- Card testing - The UL SmartStation3 is more than just a reader; it gives you full control over data and contact signal levels. It offers total testing flexibility: build both positive and negative tests. Create your own repeatable tests from output from UL Mobile's Spy Tools, or implement Ul Mobile's automated test suites.
The UL SmartStation3 works with real devices - a real SIM or USIM communicating with a real handset - as well as with simulated devices. It can even spy on purely simulated sessions. Simulations give you complete control over one side of the communication so that you can thoroughly debug or test the other side.
- Supports 1.8, 3 and 5 Volt functionality
- Class A, B and C through the range of 1.5 – 5.75 Volts in 10mV steps.
- ISO/IEC 7816-1,2, 3, 4: SmartStation3 supports all relevant ISO features, ensuring that development products can be tested against the latest 3G, GSM, CDMA2000, TD-SCDMA and EMV with confidence.
- T=0 and T=1
- 3G, GSM and EMVClock Speeds: 1-20MHz configurable in steps of 10KHz with an accuracy of +- 1%. Specialised Hardware
- Data Rates
- Different F and D values to give data rates up to 2.5Mbps. The SmartStation3 supports data rates beyond those specified in ISO 7816-3 - up to 2.5Mbps. (Calculation based on F=512, D=64 at 20MHz.) This provides support down to 8CLKs/ETU.
- SmartStation3 Manager local installation and web interface.
- Supported Operating Systems
- Windows 2000 or later
- Package Content
- SmartStation3 hardware platform
- SmartStation3 Manager software
- Adaptor cables